Playback of Cineform SD does not work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 7th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Playback of Cineform SD does not work

I've submitted a support request for this issue, but no one is answering so I'm trying here.

I am using Cineform Prospect 2K on an XP64 machine with an AJA card. I am using the 6/1/07 build. For 720p projects, playback is working fine. But for SD projects in either PPro2 or CS3, I cannot get anything to play via the AJA card. And I can only temporarily get video to play on the preview window monitor until I start editing in another sequence. In order to regain playback preview (space-bar or enter) in the preview window, I simply need to go into the project settings, playback settings and make any change to the memory allocation cineform uses for playback. This works until I need to edit in another sequence and I have to do this "trick" again. It is a real pain. And it happens equally in PP2 and CS3 SD NTSC Cineform projects.

Is this odd behavior happening to anyone else? Anyone have any suggestions on what can be done so that I can playback normally?

I can also report that when rendering in CS3, the render staggers at the end of each rendering segment. Rendering pauses as much as 8 seconds in-between each segment before it resumes with the next one. It is especially problematic after the first segment and after the last segment. I am not sure if this is a CS3 issue or a Cineform issue as I am only using Cineform with CS3 now.
Mike Morrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

I haven't gotten to all the tickets for the day yet, but we are aware of this issue. It's been noted as a current bug. We'll be working on getting it fixed as soon as possible. Most likely within the next couple of bulds. In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll have to edit SD projects in Desktop Only mode. And as you said, Mike, if the playhead stops, just adjust the memory buffer in the Playback Settings and it should work after that.

I haven't heard about the CS3 rendering issue. That's something I'll have to look into.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jake. As long as I know that it is not just me, then I'll work-around it, no problem. I was not aware that there was a known bug list. Is there a direct link to the known issues that I can refer to in the future?

Again, I am not sure if the rendering stuttering is a Cineform or CS3 issue. It might be normal for CS3. I do not know.
Mike Morrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase