Aspect v5.01 gives me a reddish colour in previews and exports - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 19th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD is not really stressing audio other than we are not a lot of video processing, reducing the available CPU cycles for Premiere handling the audio. By change the audio buffer for you sound device, you have required Premiere pay more attention to the audio -- a good fix.
Old June 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

the problems keep on growing

Not so good, David. Im having a big headache with this soft, HDV and my system. After 1 1/2 minutes of edition my timeline simply wont play any more. It stops always at the same point. Only using 3 video tracks, some slomotions, no titles, no color correction, no effects... i dont know whats going on, never had this problems with DV.

Are all my components of bad quality? Or this soft is really buggy? Some serious service needed, im stuck in the middle of the work. Stressy moment...
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please work through support as I have know idea, as that behavior could indicate a corrupted clip, which in turn can point to other system issues. Support will have to step you through to work out where the problem might be.
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Ok, ill try to figure it out with support. Thanks for being there and ill tell you when something changes.

And try to understand my anxiety, im just starting an important project (in my scale) and im stuck in this bottleneck.
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #20
Major Player

You guys are busting Davids chops about an Nvida Issue, Overlay works diffently if you just switch between classic view and the new interface.
Salah Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salah Baker View Post
You guys are busting Davids chops about an Nvida Issue, Overlay works diffently if you just switch between classic view and the new interface.
This is not only about overlay and sound problems. Now im getting "corrupted clips" and my first serious Cineform timeline is "stopped" at 1 minute and half. I just cant go on editing and have to finish a 1 hour documentary in the next 2 months. Ive bought Aspect thinking it would help me in my work (after checking the trial) and really its all been a mess since i started. In 5 years of working with Premiere ive never experienced this issues, just now with Cineform. How would you react?

I can make mistakes or perhaps there is an hardware incompatibility (im now starting with HDV). Im not an engineer, just a videomaker. Thats why im putting my case here, to try to solve it.

If you can suggest something concrete to help me please do it.

And btw, your statement about classic view and new interface is not clear to me... please be more specific.
Old June 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Had tried all the possibilities. Finally i got to the point that there are problems with clips longer that 4 minutes. These ones most of the times just wont play nor in the source monitor nor in the timelime (mostly the final part of the clip).

Never happened this to me in Premiere, in any version. Just after installing AspectHD. Anyway is my first project in HDV, so im confused... any similar case to mine?

Thanks
-------
AMD Opteron 280 2.4ghz / 2g RAM / nVidia Quadro FX1500 / Tyan Thunder S2895 / 2 disks SATAII 250g for video (not in RAID, will set it as soon as possible)

An aclaration: the support of Cineform is really good! (thanks Tim!)
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #23
Regular Crew

I had a similar problem, i was doing a short film shot in 2k the difference is that i used prospect not aspect.
i had no problems when working without audio, but when I synchronized the clips i had a lot of performance issues, i had to change the sound card because i was using the one integrated in the mobo. It didnt solve the issue.
Check if you have the proper ASIO settings in premiere, and see if premiere is using your sound card driver and not the default directsound drivers.
It will improve the playback a little.
Then i had to make a 8disk video array in RAID 0 and it did the trick.

In your case i dont think is only related to the IO disk speed but you will be having some playback troubles if using two or more videotracks in a single drive. I`ve been having some trouble when using time remapping and premiere effects on the timeline, maybe is an issue caused by premiere preview files when using the cineform importer, you have to use only neo effects when working in premiere pro. If you have to apply anothe effect i dont recommend you to render transitions, or time effects directly in premierepro, what i did was importing the premiere project into AE and render everything from there, and i had no trouble.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase