aspect and prospect on same pc? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

aspect and prospect on same pc?

on my newest pc (fresh install windows, fresh install production studio, fresh install prospect), I was having issues in pp2 with rendering crashing the program everytime I did it. tried a bunch of settings, files, etc... but to no avail pp2 error/crash every time i hit render. so being that this is first time using prospect, maybe I'm doing something wrong. so i dl aspect and install it as well to test. and after that couldnt create a new project with a aspect or prospect template. it gave me an error something about needing a number value between, meh dont remember the 2 numbers like 2 and 255 or something like that. so can both be installed on the same pc? I uninstalled aspect and it took some of prospect with it. so I had to manually delete prospect from the pc. I'm also reinstalling production suite again. anyone know why rendering crashed with prospect template? and should only either prospect or aspect be on the pc one at a time?
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Major Player

This really isn't a good idea because Aspect and Prospect share so many components - indeed the former in many ways is a subset of the latter. Your registry could also be a problem now owing to the product keys and software protection. A while back I had an expired Connect HD on my PC and despite uninstalling it I couldn't activate Aspect properly meaning I had to reinstall Windows.
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Richard is correct, only one can be installed at a time. However both licenses can remain, allowing users to switch between versions for testing.
Old July 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

well, after redoing everything, and putting prospect back on, same thing rendering work area crashes pp2 every single time in a prospect template. uninstalled prospect, installed aspect and it renders everything perfect in the aspect templates. what gives? any ides anyone? lol, maybe god's telling me prospect is not in my future.
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We don't want that. Talk to support in the next few days.
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #6
Regular Crew

could it be this is 1440x1080 footage? though filmed at 1920x1080 on my A1, hdlink seems to have captured it as 1440. so my template is cineform 1920 60i and renders crash. but when aspect was installed the aspect 1440 60i template worked like a champ.
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

All 1080i HDV is 1440x1080. While that shouldn't be the issue, you can create a 1440x1080 Aspect HD like preset for Prospect HD. The only reason we don't to default to this is 1440x1080 does work over the AJA Xena card.
Old July 5th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #8
Regular Crew

well forgot to report back last night. so i had reinstalled prospect and crash, uninstalled pros and reinstalled aspect and works fine. decided to uninstall aspect and try pros one more time and it works now. it's as if the prospect installer didnt install everything correctly then aspect fixed it and now prospect is working. i dont know, cant explain but at least I can test things out now :)
Old July 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #9
Regular Crew

well prospect only worked a few times before it started crashing pp2 again everytime I hit render so I posted this problem to cineform tech support and this is what they said:

"It looks like Prospect needs a little bit more memory to render the clip, thus causing the error. Disable 32-bit float processing in the CineForm Playback Settings and then try rendering again. It should work that way."

lol, I have no idea where to find this setting, anyone know?
Old July 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is where all the CineForm controls are. Go to the menu for the project window, and select "playback settings" from that menu.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase