speed/duration crashes everytime with prospect... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

speed/duration crashes everytime with prospect...

well in my other thread complaining about prospect crashing pp2 (and now also pp cs3) I wasnt sure exactly what was causing the crashes. But I've nailed it down to the exact issue. From what I've researched I can pretty much make any edits and hit render and it seems to run ok. but if I make any kind of change to the speed of a clip and hit render pp2/pp2 cs3 crashes every single time. even if i only add or drop 1% from the 100% it will crash when I hit render. now if I take prospect off and put aspect back on, that exact same change runs fine. and the fix that cineform tech support gave me didnt work. so basically I trying to find out if anyone out there has the latest prospect with pp cs3 (or pp2) and can test to see if they get the same result I'm getting? I know prospect is much better than aspect but I only have 2 days left on the trial and will have to stick with aspect if anyone else is having this problem.
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I had the same problem with prospect in PremierePro 2, i had problems not only with speed variations, but with non prospect dissolves too.

The program crashed only when I rendered previews, there seems to be a problem with prospect using premiere preview files, maybe due to the replacement of adobe avi importers.

What I did was export that clip to After Effects apply the effect there and then render those clips in AE and it worked fine.
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the detective work guys. We'll take a look at this.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

ok, to test out my claim last night/this morning I setup and installed my production studio and the latest prospect on a 2nd quad core pc with a fresh windows install and the exact same crashing occurs. then added pp cs3 and the same crashing occurs. now if I use just the adobe hdv preset (non-cineform) to create my projects, no crashing occurs whatsoever. So I took off prospect, installed aspect and it runs perfect as well no crashes. so yeah David I think you guys have a big bug in the latest prospect when rendering.

also today is the last day of my trial of prospect on my main editing pc. and I cant buy it till I know that this issue is fixed, can I get an extension to test whatever fixes you guys throw at us?

thanks guys, hope we can get a fix soon :)

Last edited by Mark Leonard; July 17th, 2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Major Player

Mark, send me an email.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #6
Regular Crew

email sent. I just clicked on your name and hit the send email thing, I hope that's what you wanted me to do :)

Mark
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #7
Major Player

Premiere is crashing on CS3 Prospect renders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Leonard View Post
....... So I took off prospect, installed aspect and it runs perfect as well no crashes. so yeah David I think you guys have a big bug in the latest prospect when rendering.

.....thanks guys, hope we can get a fix soon :)
This is similar to our own experience as well. CF Prospect is crashing on the renders, and we're going crazy trying to find the probs...

The workstation doing it is a new quad w/ Intel mb, with all updated drivers and a clean install XP and with CS3 Production Premium and a Parhelia APVe. We loaded a Prospect tryout to test it on a new project before switching from the old workstation and it's crashing on any mixed media renders. We CF'ed some DigitalJuice material to use and using it with more than one layer of video will crash PP everytime on renders. Very frustratiing!

Our tryout is also running out, so we're getting antsie...

BTW, the project is all 1920x1080.
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #8
Regular Crew

yeah I decided to try it on a 3rd pc. my other 2 machines are quad core intel machines and it bugs out on both. so just to test platforms I installed everything on a 3rd pc which is my home pc and it's a dual core athlon 5300, i believe. and no raid on this box either just 2 hard drives. and same exact result. crashes everytime on renders. so hope this is enough data to reproduce in the cineform troubleshooting labs and get this fixed. but sadly I cant delay anymore and have to start my new project this weekend and it will have to be with aspect :(. but on the bright side, better to have aspect than to not!
Old July 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You can alway load your Aspect HD project into Prospect HD to complete your color work in 10-bits. Have reproducted to bug, while less common than you are seeing, we are on the way to a fix.
Old July 19th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #10
Major Player

David,
I swore I had put this in a ticket 5 months ago?
Salah Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase