Problem Solved: Transcend CF Cards and Mac Leopard OS - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 11th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Dear Mark,

Are you getting this error while the card is in your computer, or when it is in the nanoFlash or Flash XDR?

If you have recovered your files, or have no files to recover, you could try formatting the card in our unit.

We always recommend that you avoid the Eject Command and "Drag and Drop" to the Trash Can, in order to protect your cards when using a Mac.
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Sorry, I should say - I was contributing re: Transcend cards and Mac only as I was searching for reports of this CF error - I don't use convergent design products. we are using Sony MRC-1K card recorders, Sandisk firewire reader.

FWIW error reported on the MRC-1K, cannot do format on this device. Card is not recognised in firewire nor usb CF card reader - can't reformat or anything in disk utility etc.

I've contacted dealer enquiring about warranty - cards bought 7/09.
Mark Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Dear Mark,

If you can not format your card in your device and in your computer, then your card is most likely defective and should be replaced under the Transcend warranty.
Old March 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Have the new Transcend cards been evaluated?

I see that Transcend has a new compact flash 400x 64GB card available... at a very attractive $200 price. Has this card been evaluated or no? Does it have the same unreliability issues as the older Transcend cards?

If it passes muster, I want to buy one. For now, I am sticking with the Delkin card unless I hear good news.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #35
Major Player

Scott,

Having seen cards come and go in terms of reliability and having seen a lot of quality issues with Transcend cards in general over the past year, I would stay away from them.

If you check out the "active" thread on Compact Flash cards viz a viz in terms of use with the nanoFlash, you will see inferred that the Delkin 64GB cards have received unanimous approval in these units.

Not worth the risk using cheap media that "might" work. If you have have ever experienced a card malfunction or failure during a production shoot you will know it is not worth going with unconfirmed media or brands that have shown quality issues over time.

Here is the thread that is going on right now about CF Cards in terms of nanoFlash use.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...ash-cards.html

There are quite a few other threads and comments over the past 6 months on the matter. Worth checking through or just "be done with it" by getting the Delkin 64GB cards.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #36
Regular Crew

understood

I know, reliability is a must. However, since there is a new card out from Transcend, that is clearly lower priced than the rest of it's peers, I would think it next in line to be tested. Maybe they fixed the problem and you can have a 64gb card for 30% less than the Delkin.

That said, I just bought two of the Delkin cards....
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey