Edit QT's in Win, possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old January 19th, 2009, 04:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Edit QT's in Win, possible?

Hi!

I shoot some greenscreen last friday on the XDR and I'm very pleased with the result.
Problem is I work in both win and mac OS. Files work fine in Mac OS but I can't get them to run in Win. Couldn't find any info about this on Convergent-design.com or here.

Is there a codec that I can use? Or do I have to convert to another format?

// tobias
Tobias Martinsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Tobias,

For quality reasons, we are using the 4:2:2 HL profile MPEG2 codec.

This was only recently support by Apple.

As far as we know, at this time, there is no support on Windows.

We are creating a converter for our Quicktime files to MXF format which is widely supported.

We expect to release firmware for the Flash XDR that will allow you to record in either Quicktime or MXF formats.

Within 30 days, we expect to release our Quicktime to MXF / MXF to Quicktime converter.

If you are using Sonv Vegas, then you will need Vegas 8.0(c) or later to work with MXF files. Just choose the XDCam MXF codec.

Last edited by Dan Keaton; January 19th, 2009 at 07:06 AM.
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Tobias,

I offer a XDCAM HD/EX QuickTime codec for Mac and Windows that might be able to help you. You can download the demo from this webpage from the Calibrated Software site (demo has watermarks).

Calibrated{Q} XD Decode

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software
Greg Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Why not use the Avid DNxHD codec. Goes back and forth seamlessly from PC to Mac.
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:34 AM   #5
Regular Crew

MXF on Premiere?

Hi Dan

Further to the following:

If you are using Sonv Vegas, then you will need Vegas 8.0(c) or later to work with MXF files. Just choose the XDCam MXF codec.[/QUOTE]

I use Premiere Pro running under Windows XP - will that be able to accept MXF?
Nic van Oudtshoorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:15 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Dear Nic,

It is my understanding that, out of the box, Adobe Premiere does not support the 4:2:2 HL Codec. This may change.

However, a codec is available from MainConcept, at a fee, to support this codec.

Here is a link to one of their webpages.

(Please note: I recommend contacting them directly to determine which of their products is best for your needs. You need to be able to support the 4:2:2 HL 50 Mbps codec that the Sony PDW-700 camera uses.)

MainConcept: Information

The following is a quote from MainConcept's website:

"... a free demo version is available to help users evaluate performance on their own systems. MainConcept MPEG Pro HD 3 can only be used with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and CS3 ..."

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey