Morning test of XDR fails bench test. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schell View Post
Hi Mark-
Good recommendations, thanks! We'll get Scott's unit sorted out.

BTW, can I get on the beta list for your new solid-state recorder?

Smile-
...Actually, no one will be able to initially :-) What we plan to do is build one for us to test only. This way, we hope to only irritate ourselves, instead of 50 other clients who might have a unit ;-) We will be totally open in our beta and post detailed photographs and video we capture with it from my XL H1 :-) Actually, we have not even made the decision to mass manufacture our unit yet. My plans do not go any further than a one off unit for our use. Once we have a fully functional unit we can demonstrate, then we will make the decision to go further with the project. See "Our Project to Create a Cost Effective Solid State HD Video Recording Device Begins" thread for more info.
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #17
Major Player

Dan / Mike -

Thank you for addressing this issue with a well mannered response and commitment.

Regards.

Herman.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #18
Convergent Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Andrew Job View Post
...Actually, no one will be able to initially :-) What we plan to do is build one for us to test only. This way, we hope to only irritate ourselves, instead of 50 other clients who might have a unit ;-) We will be totally open in our beta and post detailed photographs and video we capture with it from my XL H1 :-) Actually, we have not even made the decision to mass manufacture our unit yet. My plans do not go any further than a one off unit for our use. Once we have a fully functional unit we can demonstrate, then we will make the decision to go further with the project. See "Our Project to Create a Cost Effective Solid State HD Video Recording Device Begins" thread for more info.
Hi Mark-
Best of luck in this new endeavor. I do think you will be very surprised at the difficulty and expensive in creating such product, even a prototype unit.

Cheers-
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schell View Post
Hi Mark-
Best of luck in this new endeavor. I do think you will be very surprised at the difficulty and expensive in creating such product, even a prototype unit.

Cheers-
...I think you're absolutely correct, but I like the challenge of designing and creating my very own solid state recording unit which has all the features and inputs I want. Personally, I will be amazed if it works at all ! As will several of the members of this forum. We will continue to listen to suggestions from other shooters and bounce ideas off of folks. Who knows where the project will lead ? We think we can build a functioning prototype for just under $10K Canadian. We'll see won't we :-)
Mark Job is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey