DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Interested in the Nanoflash but.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/420924-interested-nanoflash-but.html)

Les Nagy September 20th, 2009 07:03 PM

Interested in the Nanoflash but....

I am close to buying but I see a lack of support for my editors that I would like clarified.

From Convergent Design's website
Vegas: Long-GOP Formats only
Premiere: 35 Mbps 4:2:0 only (full support pending)

So Interframe is out, and I get no benefit at all in Premiere?

When will full support be available in either?

Michael Galvan September 20th, 2009 08:20 PM

Well I would assume that support would be based on Sony and Adobe providing it, not Convergent Design.

Mike Schell September 20th, 2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Nagy (Post 1378358)
I am close to buying but I see a lack of support for my editors that I would like clarified.

From Convergent Design's website
Vegas: Long-GOP Formats only
Premiere: 35 Mbps 4:2:0 only (full support pending)

So Interframe is out, and I get no benefit at all in Premiere?

When will full support be available in either?

Hi Les-
A new CODEC from Main Concept is expected in the next week. This will add support for all the formats and bit-rates in Premiere.

We do have I-Frame only test files into the Vegas engineers for test. No feedback or projected resolution yet.

Best-

Les Nagy September 20th, 2009 08:58 PM

Will the new codec come with the nanoFlash or will it be a freebie upgrade in Premiere do you know?

Dan Keaton September 20th, 2009 09:18 PM

Dear Les,

Mainconcept sells their codecs. This is additional software which upgrades the capabilities of Adobe Premiere.

Sorry, but I do not know the price of their software at this time.

Ron Little September 21st, 2009 06:05 AM

This is from their website. Is this the plug-in for Nano Flash? Or will it say for Nano Flash in the description?

MainConcept™ MPEG Pro™ HD 4
1. XDCAM™ Plug-in for Adobe® Premiere® Pro
Price: $359 (plus appl. tax)
Version: 4.0.2
XDCAM™ for Adobe® Premiere® Pro
1. MainConcept™ MPEG Pro™ HD 4 XDCAM™ is a full-featured editing and export Plug-In for Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS3 and CS4. It offers full support for the whole Sony XDCAM camcorder and deck generation. It also includes all features of MPEG Pro HD 4 H.264/AVC & MPEG.

MainConcept MPEG Pro HD 4 is the renowned full-featured Plug-In editing solution for Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and CS4. The brand new release now comes in five different versions that suit the demand of almost every user working with Adobe's video-editing flagship ranging from consumers up to professional content creation.

MainConcept MPEG Pro HD 4 XDCAM offers full support for the entire Sony XDCAM camcorder and deck portfolio. It is the perfect solution to offer interoperability editing and exporting within the professional Sony XDCAM family, including 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 support:

Dan Keaton September 21st, 2009 08:30 AM

Dear Ron,

We expect that the appropriate Plug-In will be announced in a week or so.

At that time we will be able to provide you with the price and other details.

We have been working closely with MainConcept. They have been testing our files and we have been testing their pre-release versions of their new software.

As you may imagine, this is important to us and the Adobe Premiere community, as this allows full support for our files (as we understand it) and the Sony XDCam line including the Sony PDW-700/PDW-F800 cameras

Ron Little September 21st, 2009 10:32 AM

Thanks Dan, I will keep monitoring this tread.

Aaron Newsome September 21st, 2009 11:49 AM

That's quite an expensive plugin. I'd have to really love Premiere in order to purchase that. You can nearly purchase an entire NLE suite for that much.

Dan Keaton September 21st, 2009 09:53 PM

Dear Aaron,

Please note that I have not confirmed that price.

Let's wait until we know the actual price.

Recently MainConcept has gone to more modular pricing.

Note: I am not being coy about the price, I just do not know what the price is or will be.

I believe that the product quoted above is not the announcement we are discussing.

John Mitchell September 22nd, 2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Newsome (Post 1380931)
That's quite an expensive plugin. I'd have to really love Premiere in order to purchase that. You can nearly purchase an entire NLE suite for that much.

Main concept has traditionally made expensive plug ins, so don't hold your breath. But as Dan said let's wait and see.

John Quick October 1st, 2009 02:11 PM

I-frame and Vegas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schell (Post 1378557)
We do have I-Frame only test files into the Vegas engineers for test. No feedback or projected resolution yet.

Will you be announcing it here if Sony does figure out how to make Vegas accept I-frames?

Mike Schell October 1st, 2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Quick (Post 1423252)
Will you be announcing it here if Sony does figure out how to make Vegas accept I-frames?

Hi John-
Yes, absolutely! They have the test files and we have been asking...

Best-