Late to the Timelapse party... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Late to the Timelapse party...

Hey, just wondered where the thread is where people are posting their nano/XDR timelapse samples? I thought I saw something a while back but can't find it.

I just shot a timelapse downtown today and thought the results were pretty cool.

Link: http://files.me.com/mrbarlowelton/gsyeoi (right click/save as)

--27 second clip, 50 MB h264 QT (15 mbs)
--Default 1 frame per second mode
--XLH1 with a Vari-ND to get a slow shutter in daytime (shot with the XL 6x wide angle lens which showed the edges of the filter. Should've zoomed past it but I was just trying to get something done fast)
--Recorded with 200mbs I-frame

I intentionally shot with neutral settings to get a relatively flat image for post. Definitely flexible for CC!

Fun feature!

Barlow
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Trustee

Excellent Work !

Hi Barlow:
Nice timelapse. I think I have the same TL setup as you. I also shot some more timelapse in lower Mount Royal Park in Montreal this Afternoon. I'm editing it and CC'ing it now. I will post it in my TL thread "View XDR Time Lapse Sequences Here, " later on tonight. Keep up the TL shooting. Was that sequence of yours shot in downtown Salt Lake City ?
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Mark,

Ahh, cool, it's your thread that I was thinking of. Looking forward to seeing your TL's!

Btw, yes, that was downtown Salt Lake. I was hoping I'd have more breaks in the clouds but we have a storm coming though here so it was fairly drab, grey light from the increasingly dense cover.
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Trustee

TL with the XL 6 X Wide Angle Zoom

Hi Barlow:
Hey man, I see you shot your sequence with the XL 6X Wide Angle lense. I was thinking of picking up one of those pieces of glass. Tell me, how do you like it ? Would you say it is sharper than the H1 stock 20 X zoom ? Sorry for the slight topic digression.
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Job View Post
Hi Barlow:
Hey man, I see you shot your sequence with the XL 6X Wide Angle lense. I was thinking of picking up one of those pieces of glass. Tell me, how do you like it ? Would you say it is sharper than the H1 stock 20 X zoom ? Sorry for the slight topic digression.
Loooove the 6X. It's really amazingly good glass for this class of camera.

Using the 5DMKII, you do get spoiled with how wide you can get, but for a 1/3" camcorder to get the equivalent FOV of 24mm and be pin sharp and fairly curvilinear, that's pretty damn cool. I use the lens more than the stock.
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Trustee

Hi Barlow:
That's sweet ! If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your 6X ?
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Major Player

I don't actually own it, it's my friend's. I know it cost over $2K when he bought it.

I think it's worth it if you can swing it.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey