Backside of the Nanoflash??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Backside of the Nanoflash???

Hey Dan,

I've never seen the backside of the Nano, and am curious about mounting options. What's back there???

Jeff
Jeff DePonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Jeff it's funny that you mention that, I had the same questions (and could not figure out why there was no photo of the back..it can't be that bad, can it?).
Actually if you go to the C-D web site and download the manual, at the back are some engineering drawings that give some idea. (I don't have one so can't say, but FYI about the manual).
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The back end of the Nano is actually really good. It's full of holes for mounting any sort of bracket or plate you care to mention. CD have some on the cards and some already made I think, but you can get an engineer to knock up anything you like that'll mount easily to it.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Wrangler

How funny, I just asked Dan this very question by PM the other day. I'm hoping that BEC might start making a custom box for it to hang off the AB receiver mounting plates.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 02:35 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Greg, as I said above, most mountings you can just go to a machine shop and ask them to make it up out of a thin bit of aluminium, usually just as cheap as buying one off the shelf, get it anodised and it'll look great.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I use a mini-israeli arm. On the camera side it mounts to one of the 1/4" holes on the camera handle and on the Nano side there is a 1/4" hole in the middle of the back of the gizmo. If I had a documentary job I think I'd just use some heavy velcro and stick it to the back of a Anton/Bauer Hytron140.
Old November 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps View Post
Greg, as I said above, most mountings you can just go to a machine shop and ask them to make it up out of a thin bit of aluminium, usually just as cheap as buying one off the shelf, get it anodised and it'll look great.
Steve
Yeah, I even have the tools to do that myself. But as you know, many out there want a ready made solution and don't mind paying for it.

In part, I was thinking that if BEC does start making a custom box for the Nanoflash, it would be a testament to the success of the device.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey