nanoFlash gets Award of DV Excellence at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 24th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #1
Convergent Design

nanoFlash gets Award of DV Excellence

Ned Soltz, a frequent contributor to this forum, just posted a very positive review of the nanoFlash and gave our product a 4.5/5.0 overall score; honoring the nanoFlash with an Award of DV Excellence.

You can read Ned's review here: In Review: Convergent Design nanoFlash

Best-
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Thanks for the review, Nick. During your review, were you able to make some parallel recordings? I'd like to see some frame grabs if you have them.

My Nanoflash is at the UPS office, and I'm picking it up today. While I appreciate the existence of the product and the considerable on-line support from Dan, Mike and many others, I am indeed disappointed that nearly no comparison videos and images are available on which to base the purchase decision of this product.

There are some demo videos on the Convergent site, but they had no part in my purchase decision. Instead, I relied on the word of several respected customers in this forum, technical literature that describes the difference between 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 as well as my own experiences with video compression. It's easy enough to find material that blocks and breaks on the EX1. Hopefully, the Nanoflash will improve that.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Mike,

Congratulations. You guys deserve every bit of it. If I have the money at end of fiscal I will buy a Nano. To give you an idea of what a big deal that is for me, I am forgoing my jump to Avid a full year to make this happen. Had the product been available a year earlier, I'd own it already. Just came at a bad time for me.

I've got a historical project starting in January that I am DYING to have one for and I just can't get there.
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Major Player

Hey Mike well done you guy's offer such good service that is unmatched by any other AV company that I have dealt with. Keep up the good work.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey