CFast support? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 6th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #1
Major Player

CFast support?

Does the NanoFlash supports CFast cards? If not can this be done through firmware or a new hardware module is necessary?
Emmanuel Plakiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Emmanuel,

I will ask our engineers.

I feel that it is highly unlikely that we can support CFast without a hardware change.

CFast is substantially different from CompactFlash cards in that the data is written to the device via a very high speed serial port as opposed to writting the data in parallel.

I will report back when I have an answer.
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Convergent Design

Hi Emmanuel-
We don't have any plans to support CFast cards. There are very few of these cards available on the open market. Thus far, none of the the cards I have found offer the same level of read/write performance as the old "tried and true" Compact Flash.

CFast support would also require a significant hardware change for the nanoFlash. A firmware upgrade is simply not possible.

Check out the nanoFlash FAQs, available from our website, for a complete list of qualified Compact Flash cards.

Best-

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey