NANO hiring price at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 9th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #1
Major Player

NANO hiring price

Dear friends,
Which daily tariff do you think are correct for NANO and the CF cards?
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Is 5-8% of purchase price a usual day rate for this kind of equipment?
Aaron Newsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Aaron,
I'm very bad for this kind of financial matters and I have no references to set the price.
I've been looking for rental prices in Internet but have found just one shop renting it:
- 150 US$ the NANO
- 50 US$ the CF's (don't know how many).
A 5% means that you get the money back with 20 days of hiring it.
It is normal to get the investment back that fast?
Sorry if I sound naive, but I live absolutely off market and I have no idea how people amortise their equipments in other places.
Cheers,
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Major Player

For a private individual renting gear, 5% sounds right. But it also depends upon your market. Check the rates on a pro rental house nearby (now, how many of those are in Laos I can't say). I do rent my gear with conditions outlined below.

Rentals involve substantial risk, not just of loss or damage, but from careless and unknowledgeable users who mess up settings and then blame you for ruining their shoot.

Any rental agreement should involve a save-harmless clause as well as a requirement of proof of insurance. Proof of insurance isn't quite good enough because some policies have large deductibles. So, agreement should bind renter to full value of the item as well as the insurance requirement.

Check out your user in the use of the gear. Then power everything up and confirm working status before it goes out the door. When the gear comes back, check it again before client leaves.

I will also say that in the limited renting of my gear that I've actually done, I knew every individual.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Ned,
Well more than rent, what I meant was: How much should I increase my daily tariff (as a cameraman) for the use of the NANO?
Cheers,
rafael
Rafael Amador is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey