NanoFlash mounting system now shipping - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Barry J. Weckesser wrote "I am sort of leery about putting too much pressure on the D-tap connector. "

I see some pictures of the Swit battery with the D-tap connector on the side (top when battery in EX1). Perhaps we can ask Alex at Dolgrin if he is able to get those instead.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Dear Gints,

Swit changed their battery design. The later models have the D-Tap coming out the same side as the power guage.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #18
Major Player

Perhaps there is some confusion about the "Swit" battery - there is the Swit S-8U62 as seem here : Li-ion Battery S-8U62 and the Switronix EX-L96 (different animal) as seen here: Series 7 Battery, The only Professional DV Battery System. The latter is much larger and has the D-Tap coming out of the bottom. See the attachment: this is from Olof Ekbergh's setup showing the Nanomount and the new battery - the D-tap coming out of the bottom could pose a problem (for handheld use) but since I have only held it a couple of times I will have to reserve judgement until I am actually doing a shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
NanoFlash mounting system now shipping-monmount-202.jpg  
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Both Swit and Switronix are fine (I don't have any so I can't assess the D-tap position); I have several, and so will be using, the original BP-U60 with the Coco-EX adapter from Bebob - highly recommended.

It has one D-tap plus two Hirose outputs at the left side.
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:53 AM   #20
Inner Circle

How did this end up? I see on the Westside site that the chest brace was eliminated. Which battery (Swit S-8U68 or Switronix Series 7 or Sony) is used in the camera not ballast, with the final design that allows comfortable use of the Hoodman Loupe? Which battery has the D-Tap on the side vs bottom? TIA
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM   #21
Sponsor: Westside AV

Les,

There are Swit 95 WH and 62WH available we sell them.

The 95 has the D-tap on the bottom and the 65 the D-tap is on the back when inserted in the EX1 or EX1R.

We sell the SWits but you have to call us to order them, they are not currently on my website.

I never did sell a chest brace even though I tried several versions as prototypes, I was never satisfied with how they kept you locked in.

I will be coming out with some new brace systems for the EX1 and DSLRs as well this fall/winter.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need more info. I do a lot of custom setups these days and I use Skype to conference a lot. You can set up a Skype call by email or phone. 603-383-9283, cel 603-387-4921.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey