NanoFlash will support 8-Channel Audio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM   #16
New Boot

Thanks for the link. It would just add an extra four cables I think for the 788T as I don't think they make TA3 to 1/4 mini cables. It would have to be TA3 to XLR and then XLR to 1/4 mini.

This unit is a great deal more compact. It's a shame that none of them have battery adapters made up for them eventhough they are so small. It looks like I'll have to get someone to make me up a custom NP-1 or Sony type NP-F or BP-U battery adapter for it.

It would seem to be the way to go to make sure that six of the audio tracks (4 going to SDI and 2 thru 3.5 mini from Sound Devices 788T audio recorder stays in sync with the video of the camera. With those six along with the two from the EX1, I would be using up all 8 channels on the SDI nanoflash stream.
Daniel S. Melius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:02 PM   #17
Trustee

You can get about any audio cable at Sweetwater. I use them for all my audio needs, as the first time I called them all I needed was a three dollar cable which they sent by Fedex free shipping. They have never charged me for shipping, no matter how much or how little I ordered. When I mentioned to the salesman how impressed I was by the free shipping for just a little cable, he said they know how important a cable is.

As for the battery cable, I wish all pro equipment used the same connectors, but they do not. Nevertheless, the one on the Blackmagic adapter seems a pretty standard power supply cable. You can probably order a battery adapter cable from B&H at the same time you get the device. They tend to know what needs what cable (and they are one of DVInfo sponsors).
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:30 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Yamaha embedder

On live events Yamaha digital desks are very common in the medium and high end market. Often is there a slot in the desk available to put in this card: http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/downlo...rochure_en.pdf
with which the soundengineer can choose what audio source goes into what SDI channel. With a networkcable, laptop and the free studiomanager software you can make a full mix separately from the venue, without the need of big desks, signal splitters, recorders and complex syncstuff into any of the (NanoFlash) Channels
Awesome... let's doe this.
Ron Aerts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey