nanoFLASH picture.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 6th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Major Player

nanoFLASH picture....

Thought I would post a few shots of my nanoFLASH in various uses. Not in Kuwait, alas...

I am using Velcro for now because so many of my configurations are clustered with brackets, arms, monitors, etc already. The full coverage of Velcro really sticks. When it gets hot as the hinges of Hell down here I will adopt a heat sinking version of a cradle--- those fins could be sexy. Anyhow... you can check out a few shots here.

Go Saints!
Attached Thumbnails
nanoFLASH picture....-hd-gear-2.jpg   nanoFLASH picture....-hd-gear-6.jpg  

nanoFLASH picture....-hd-gear-7.jpg   nanoFLASH picture....-hd-gear-3.jpg  

Last edited by Pete Bauer; February 13th, 2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Edited title to be family safe
George Griswold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Major Player

George I hope you can do a reshoot on the material you did with your Letus that is showing in the first pic. :)

I couldn't resist.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Reshoot...

This is the spot shot on SxS cards that led me to buy the nanoFLASH (along with alot of other reasons... 50 Mbps, etc) . You can't see the artifacts in the YouTube video, but the diffusion effect that the Letus creates taxes the 35 Mbps compression...not smooth, but really tiny grainy look. I may head out and try to reshoot this one.

YouTube - Griswold Nat Gas.Mov
Old February 13th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Does the nanoflash solve any of those noise/grain problems introduced by the Letus?
Robb Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Wrangler

I'm sure I don't have to mention that having items velcroed to a battery means one extra step when making swaps--normally not the end of the world, but can be a drag if you are in a crunch (and certainly makes it hard to do so silently, what with the sound effects of the velcro etc).

Nice choice of head by the way. I swear by my O'Connor 1030B. She's an old warrior now but still flawless.
Old February 14th, 2010, 05:54 AM   #6
Major Player

Velcro

Charles... you are right about the Velcro taking another step and I broke a solemn promise I made to myself never to use it for gear attachments. This morning I removed the Velcro and attached a Anton right angle plate with 2- M3 screws. Convergent Design was thoughtful in providing all these mounting hole options so it was easy to do... quick drill on the drill press on the Anton plate and I scavenged a few M3 screws from the parts box (recovered from old Betacam gear I believe). All set now.
Attached Thumbnails
nanoFLASH picture....-nano-mount.jpg   nanoFLASH picture....-nano-mount-2.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey