Possibility of Shot Markers? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Possibility of Shot Markers?

Hello,

I do not know if this is even a possiblilty, but I have noticed occasions where my editing time would be decreased if I could mark points while rolling.

For example during an interview or a live event. If it would be possible to mark where important events take place with an external clicker device editing would be greatly pinpointed.

Don't know if this can transfer to different NLEs but thought I would ask.

Thanks
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Tim,

We have something, already in the firmware, that may help you.

While recording, if you press the Record button, then we will seamlessly, close the current file, then open a new file.

Thus, we do not have markers embedded in the file, but we can separate files so that a new file is created where you would have put a marker.

Then, in you editor, it is easy to locate the positions where you placed a marker.

At this moment in time, I have the following unknowns:

1. When the nanoFlash is setup to trigger on incrementing timecode, I do not know if we allow the record button to be used to close one file and open another.

2. When the nanoFlash is setup to trigger via the remote control, I do not know if we can press the Remote Control button, to close one file and open another.

(I can not test these for you at this time, since my nanoFlash is on assignment right now.)
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hey Dan,

That sounds like a fine way to achieve this.

The remote trigger would be nice as not to risk unsettling the camera.

Thanks
Tim Polster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey