Nano stopped working using HDMI at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 14th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #1
New Boot

Nano stopped working using HDMI

Hello,

I had an issue shooting with the Nano today for a short movie. I was using HDMI with the pulldown since I needed to view the shots through a hdmi monitor. Nano was working well all day but near the end it gave a warnings of intermittent source then No source. I tried turning it off and tried different CF cards. I could not regain connection to my EX1-R. Later at home I could still not get it to work. I hooked it up through SDI and after turning PSF off I finally got the nano to pick up the camera source. So I then connected and changed the camera and nano settings back to HDMI and the turned back on the PSf and the nano then recieved a source from the EX1R.

I am concerned that there is something wrong with my nano. Had anyone else had this issue and if so what is going on?

Thanks

Greg
Greg Omelchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #2
Trustee

I saw the "No Src" message via SDI once today. It seemed okay after power cycling it, but I'm watching for it in case it happens again. I use the embedded timecode to initiate recording.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Dear Greg,

We will look into this today.

One clue is that it started working when you unchecked Record PSF>Prog(ressive).

Progressive Segmented Frames (PSF) only applies to HD/SD-SDI.

HDMI supports true progressive, thus Record PSF>Prog(ressive) does not need to be checked if the input is HDMI.

I will check if setting this Flag could cause problems with HDMI.

I understand, from your post that Pulldown Removal was not checked. Is this correct?

The Intermittent Source indicates that we were having problems with the incoming signal. This could be a loose connection, a bad cable, or a problem in the nanoFlash itself.

I will send you a private email. I want to get your phone number so we can discuss this issue.
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Trustee

Nor am I seeing a repeat of the behavior. It takes a few seconds after turning the camera on (and power to Nanoflash) for the Nanoflash to report the stream data. Perhaps I didn't wait long enough, it seems to reliably enable itself.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for your update.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey