TC setting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Major Player

TC setting

Hi there

If not shooting tape same time as recording to Nano.. and wanting to shoot rec-run..
Does one just set the TC at the nano.. as rec-run wont work from the camera without a tape.

And sorry still cant get my mind around this one... shooting HDX900 ..with camera setting to progressive.. eg 25p 30p.. (regardless if system setting 1080i or 720p) I MUST set the nano for progressive..????? except 24p as there is no 48i..

Are there 128 GB cards yet..??

Ordering soon!!!

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Robin,

1. The nanoFlash can generate timecode internally, if desired. This is a menu option.

2. If the camera is in progressive mode one should set the Video|Record PSF>Prog checkbox to checked.

Note; this is not necessary for 720p or 1080p23.976, 1080p23.98, or 1080p24 as we automatically handle this properly.

For 1080p29.97 or 1080p30, or 1080p25, we need to the option to be set.

Almost all HD-SDI cameras, when in progressive mode, send out HD-SDI as Progressive Segmented Frames. We need to convert the PSF back to full progressive.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey