Slot Dpc:0003 ???? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 11th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Slot Dpc:0003 ????

What does this message mean?

Also, how do you reset the file numbering? Not the Unit # but to restart the file # cadence.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Dpc:0003

As I recall that happens when you pop in two cards at the same time or close together... remove the cards, reboot and then put them in one at a time. To reset the file numbering you change the Unit ID and the clip counter resets.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Major Player

George, funny I only replaced one card not two, just took it out while the unit was powered up - but a second card was in the B slot, then downloaded to a computer the 2 clips on the removed card, and stuck it back in without formatting or changing it in the computer. Happened on both of my NFlash units. That's removing and replacing ONE card in each NFlash.

I'd like to hear from Dan about this. This was a simple "hot swap" procedure and I don't like to think that it would regularly occur during intense shooting sessions.

Thanks for the tip on renumbering the files.
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Major Player

I didn't think that removing or inserting cards while powered up was supported at all
Aaron Newsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Aaron,

At this point in time, as it has been from the beginning, one can insert or remove a card, one at a time, provide that the nanoFlash/Flash XDR is not recording or playing.

Thus, one can add or remove a card while the unit is powered on.

We are working on "Hot Swapping", so one can add or remove a card while it is recording, but not to that card.

Dear Bruce,

Was the unit recording or playing at the time?

The SlotDpc: 0003 error indicates that we could not communicate with the controller chip on the CompactFlash card successfully.

We hope to have better error message descriptions in the next manual.
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Aaron,

At this point in time, as it has been from the beginning, one can insert or remove a card, one at a time, provide that the nanoFlash/Flash XDR is not recording or playing.

Thus, one can add or remove a card while the unit is powered on.

Bruce,

Was the unit recording or playing at the time?

The SlotDpc: 0003 error indicates that we could not communicate with the controller chip on the CompactFlash card successfully.

Dan, the unit(s) were powered on but not recording or playing. The A card (I did this simultaneously with both NF units) was removed and downloaded then re-inserted on both units and I got that error message on both units. Powering down each NF solved the issue, but this would be a big problem if I were to try and do this while actually shooting something. I am using 4 Delkin UDMA 64GB CF cards.
Old March 13th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for providing the details.

You provided the significant details:

1. You were not recording or playing when the cards were removed or playing.

2. You were using the Delkin 64 GB CompactFlash cards.

3. The error was cleared upon power down and then everything was ok.

The Delkin 64 GB cards are high quality cards; cards which we have a high degree of confidience. Also, the cards worked fine after the unit was powered down and back up.

This points to the error being a firmware issue.

Which firmware version are you using?
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Dan

The same happens here with the PhotoFast 32GB cards - I thought it was part of my more general problem.
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #9
Major Player

Dan, both of my NF units are using firmware ver.1.1.154
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Dear Bruce,

Thanks for the information.

I will be checking with out engineers on Monday to see if we have made any changes to eliminate this error.

I do not have any reason to suspect that you cards are defective or are to blame.

I base this on two reasons:

1. The proven reliability of the Delkin 64 GB cards.

2. The fact that after you powered down the nanoFlash you had no more problems with these same exact cards.

We hope to have our second Public Beta out soon. We have been working hard to address every reported issue with our first Public Beta. In fact, we are making many improvements.
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:11 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Dear Dan and Bruce,

I'm in constant communication with Dan on my more general problems with nanoFlash and PhotoFast cards, but I thought I owe one specific information to people like Bruce:

My nanoFlash will sometimes display the Slot Dpc:0003 message immediately upon powering up, even before it does the storage check routines!

With that in mind, it seems like a false error condition to me - which is sort of a good news, as it should be fixable with the firmware. It certainly doesn't look like the card is too slow (or incompatible), but indicates some problems with nanoFlash handling its CF slots.

The bad news (for myself at least) is that it can happen with both the Public Beta and the official firmware release (although it started to happen when I first installed the Beta).

Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki; March 17th, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey