Have the Nano! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 15th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #1
Major Player

Have the Nano!

Mucking around.. all seems well BUT.. when I play back 1080i 25p QT 50Mbps..
the sound monitoring LCD makers there is nothing at all.. maybe this is how it is designed??
During recording visually the levels look fine..on the Nano LCD..
There is audio.. but just by ear monitoring from min jack of Nano.. the level seems pretty low.. headphone jack set to 0.83999 db changed these levels but doesnt seem to make alot of difference..

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Robyn,

In 1.1.154, the audio meters are not enabled during playback.

In the Public beta they are and they will be in the next production release.

Yes, we have a limited range for headphone volume, but you do have yours turned down.

We will be increasing the range of volume control for the headphones in an upcoming release.

What headphones are you using?
Old March 15th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Dan

Not that fancy.. sound guys keep dropping them :) Audio Tech.. you can unscrew the big mixer plug and there is a mini plug inside so to speak.

When I push the miniplug bit fully into Nano.. there is no sound!! have to back it off a fraction.. dont know if there is something odd about my mini jack out plug.. or its designed for a shorter length.. but anyway there is sound there.. everything else seems to work well.

I dont think I,ll be doing alot of play back in the field... for sound purposes anyway.. but a confidence thing to see it moving in playback I guess..

Iam sure I,ll have a ton of questions coming your way soon..
Old March 15th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Robyn,

In 1.1.154, the audio meters are not enabled during playback.

In the Public beta they are and they will be in the next production release.

Yes, we have a limited range for headphone volume, but you do have yours turned down.

We will be increasing the range of volume control for the headphones in an upcoming release.

What headphones are you using?
What is the high level?? for head phones.. the 1. XXX something or other
Old March 15th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Robin,

Yes, the higher the number, the louder the headphones.

1.xxxx is the highest Gain Out that we have.
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #6
Major Player

Robin,

A couple of suggestions to keep the "noise level" down on the forum. First, create ONE thread for your questions about the nanoFlash and keep them in that thread. There is not a need to start a new thread for each question you have. It also makes it easier for everyone who is assisting you to keep tabs on you. Once someone replies to a thread of yours we get nag emails for each of your threads. We only need one, not a whole bunch.

Second, go out and do some shooting with your nanoFlash so you get real world experience with the proper workflow of your nanoFlash. Doing test shots in front of your computer is not going to yield a real world workflow and you will be issuing some questions that, if you were shooting in the field, would never come up.

And again, one thread for your questions.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #7
Major Player

Ok will do.. how do you get an email sent to you.. I want that too!

Thanks
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #8
Major Player

Thread Emails and Forum Overuse...

Thread Tools pulldown on the upper right corner of reader screen... pull down for "email subscribe"

I think what we like to see is people trying to find their own answers to problems... if that fails then resorting to forum posts. In television (as in life) you have to learn how to learn... people here are really willing to help, but try to keep your questions to things that you really get stuck on. Nothing personal, but for every easy question that you could have answered yourself wears people out on answering the tough ones (kind of like crying wolf). In addition to that, the forum is filled with posts that really don't help anyone who has read the manual and spent some time with the nano, powered up and shooting. Hope this commentary is taken in the spirit is was given....
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #9
Major Player

Sorry but I would disagree... yes a ..how do you turn on the camera question is stupid.. but for me in Japan.. I have found the forum provided alot of info before I had bought the nano.
I dont believe there is even one rental house has has one as yet here..
Otherwise we end up with a Nano owners club.. it should be open to anyone.. those with the time and inclination can answer a question ..
Just my thoughts..more people interested in the nano the better for all.. be they a student or seasoned veteran..
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey