Nano won't trigger on PAL DVCPRO50 Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 26th, 2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Major Player

Nano won't trigger on PAL DVCPRO50 Camera

After the record lag problem I'm on my Varicam, I thought I'd try the 50mbs IMX record on my SDX900. With a tape running, the nano won't trigger from the SDI output of the camera. I've set the trigger to TIMECODE (TC) on the nano.

If I set the nano to local reecord on the nano itself, no probs, pictures are good, but the embedded TC trigger won't work. I'm using the latest firmware as I just got the nano last week. Any clues as to if I've set something wrong or could this be a PAL/nano thing?

If I changed just the codec on the nano and plug the unit into the Varicam, the nano works from TC, albiet with the several seconds delay I mentioned in my other post. But it does trigger unlie the PAL IMX method.

Peter
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #2
Major Player

I think the SD doesnt have TC embedded in SDI out..
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:24 AM   #3
Major Player

Sdx-900

No TC on SDI... you will need a cable that taps into TC OUT on the side of the SDX and feeds the Nano. I tried all available settings on the config menu... no dice.
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks George. No TC Really!!!! I learn something new every day. I never would have imagined that. I'll look for that cable.

Last edited by Peter Corbett; April 26th, 2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: typo
Peter Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Peter,

With HD-SDI, embedded Timecode and embedded audio is part of the standard, and is almost always included.

With SDI (SD-SDI), embedded Timecode and embedded audio is an optional part of the standard and was/is frequently omitted.

However, if the camera has a Timcode output (typically a BNC), then we can offer a cable that will take Timecode in to the nanoFlash.

The same applies to audio.
Old April 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Same on the HDX900

Be aware that this happens on the HDX900's SD downconversion, as well. Probably happens with all Panasonic cameras in SD modes. What a pain in the butt. Thanks Panasonic!
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey