Accidental recordings when replaying at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Accidental recordings when replaying

I updated to the previous firmware (1.5.126) recently and see there is a setting for timecode, TC > Last TC, which should prevent the nanoflash from recording when replaying from the camera. I’ve done this, but the unit still records when I’m replaying clips. The camera is a Sony EX3. I’ve got the timecode trigger on the NFset to “Embedded”, the camera timecode set to “record run”, and TC > Last TC. I see the Manual says this setting “helps to minimise unexpected recordings”. Does anybody else experience this problem on the EX3?
Richard Corfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

With my EX1, this feature works as expected.

You must remember, however, that nanoFlash cannot be power-cycled, or enter the power-saving mode, before you play back clips from your camera - otherwise, it will trigger recording.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:45 AM   #3
Major Player

Richard,
Same thing happened with my PMW-350 and nanoflash yesterday. I accidentally hit the rec review on the lens and the NF started recording. I thought I had my NF set to last tc as well but I cannot be certain. No big deal for me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey