When is Premiere CS5 Sound Fix Expected? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old June 19th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

When is Premiere CS5 Sound Fix Expected?

Any reliable word from anyone - heck, even any unreliable word from anyone - about when Adobe might deign to repair the CS5 audio bug with one of two stereo channels lagging the other with nano files (or any other major bugs)? Having just spent more than seven weeks finally enabling Premiere CS4 to appropriately handle my nanoFlash files, I am just now beginning to edit them (previously using simultaneously recorded SxS data). If a fix to CS5 is expected momentarily, I may just identify useful clips for edit and hold up on assembly, etc. until CS5 enabled. I would ask what is wrong with Adobe (and I KNOW that some will object to my statement), but that is a useless question, as we all know what is wrong with Adobe!
William Urschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Convergent Design

Hi William-
Let me ask the "powers" at Adobe about posting information on this fix. We are under NDA, but Adobe engineering has two nanoFlash units for testing and eval, so they are working on the problem.

Best-
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #3
New Boot

Me too!

I'm also experiencing this problem...

The left audio channel seems to be locked to the video but the right channel drifts throughout.

Recorded off a Sony EX3 in HDV mode at 80mb/s with video displays on.

Luckily I was just testing, the actual recording was done to SxS cards.
Aaron Scheiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Aaron - I've given up on Adobe! ALL of my projects are being handled with Premiere CS4 and other CS4 Production Premiem programs. What a shame - just yesterday I lost a half a day's work on the Premiere CS4 Titler, when, as it has a long history of doing, it not only crashed, but took most of the "saved" files with it (I have Preferences set for 20 saves, and save done automatically every five minutes, but obviously that didn't protect me here. And I say what a shame, since my rather extensive experimentation with Premiere CS5's Titler never exhibited any similar crashes.

I have placed Adobe Production Premiem CS5 on the shelf, with hopes that Adobe might fix this before CS6!
Old July 7th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Could we have a little update on CS5

Mike, could we have a little update on whats going on with CS5. Adobe advertises on this site. I find that unusual.
Roman
Roman Stikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Please see what Adobe employee has to say!

Given my understanding that it is verboten to quote someone here, I refer you to the following Adobe thread:
Adobe Forums: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound... , which I started on July 2, entitled "CS5 - When Cable nanoFlash Sound with Premiere CS5". After being pretty much dormat since then til this morning, I was appalled with what showed up, so if you're interested, please go there!

All I have to say otherwise, is to quote myself, and what I then just posted on the Adobe Bug report site:

"******BUG******
Running on powerful BOXX 8450 PC, i7 Overclocked at 4G, 6g RAM, 150G program HD, 1T RAID 0 data HD, NVidia Quadro CX, ....so, you see the PC is qualified, and has NO issues, except for one about to be noted, except the forever occasional crash in Premiere CS4 Titler.

Ingesting, from Sony EX1 camcorder, via nanoFlash on camera recorder, 100Mbps Long GOP 1080x1920 30p files, copied from nano data cards to PC HD. IF edited in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 with appropriate Main Concept Plug IN, everything is beautiful, BUT:

BUG: In Premiere CS5, when data files imported and brought into timeline, video is edited and exported and handled by AME and Encore wonderfully. BUT stereo audio - one audio channel lags the other, and can only be fixed clip by clip. That's the BUG, one audio channel lags the other.

I am not alone in this - ALL other nanoFlash users have the same kinds of audio issues. Adobe is well aware of this. Adobe has two nanoFlash recorders in house. Despite vociforous complaints and one patch so far to Premiere CS5, Adobe has not fixed this bug.

Therefore, Production Premium, which I purchased prior to release, continues to sit unused on my shelf. What a shame for an otherwise stunning rendition of Premiere's lightning fast handling of data!"
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #7
Regular Crew

HOOOORAY! Issue will be solved!

I'm posting a another new thread on this forum (I know, I have toooooo many already, but I will hopefully stop after this, except when and if I find out more about nano files and Cineform) - just posted by an Adobe employee on the Adobe CS5 board, Adobe has fixed the audio issue, and it will be released with the next update! When that will be is not identified. Please see post of dhelmly toward end of thread as of today:
Adobe Forums: CS5 - When Capable for nanoFlash Sound...

Also, see helpful response just posted on same thread at Adobe CS5 Premiere, a fellow indicates minor problem with audio using nano I-Frame in CS5 - audio consistantly off by 5 frames in one channel, and can therefore be fixed en masse , and easily slipped!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:10 AM   #8
Adobe Systems

Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update is available

The Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update fixes many problems, including many crashes, and it adds several features.

Among the problems that are fixed are problems with AIFF audio and audio from Nano Flash devices.

When you have updated Premiere Pro CS5 and supporting software, let us know whether your problems are fixed.

See this page for details about the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update:
Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update: bug fixes and CUDA support Premiere Pro work area

Please report bugs that persist after the update here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey