EVF and Nanoflash will this work? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #1
Major Player

EVF and Nanoflash will this work?

Ok, so I am looking at the new EVF view finders that are coming out. My question what would be the best way to use one with a Nanoflash? I am using the HDMI connection on the Nano and the EVF also uses HDMI. My logic says go to the Nano first and then to the view finder. Will there be latency in the picture?
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Little View Post
.Will there be latency in the picture?
Yes - but not a deal breaker.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Inner Circle

There is some lag, but it's workable so long as there are no additional delays on the cameras output. The NanoFlash can even add a big "record" bar (only on the output, it is not recorded) across the image so it will be obvious in the EVF that it's recording... or not.
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Major Player

Now that is cool!
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
There is some lag, but it's workable so long as there are no additional delays on the cameras output. The NanoFlash can even add a big "record" bar (only on the output, it is not recorded) across the image so it will be obvious in the EVF that it's recording... or not.
That is interesting news to me Alistair. I have a Swit HD-SDI monitor which shows absolutely no viewfinder info ex my XLH1.
How do I get my Nano to add a record bar?

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Dear Ronald,

If you are using 1.6.29, you can set Video|Screen Tally to see the Record indicator.

I do not have my nanoFlash handy, I think it is Screen Tally, but it may be another word.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey