Wireless card? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 16th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Trustee

Wireless card?

I wonder if something like YouTube - Eye Fi Wireless SD Card with the GoPro HD Hero camera exists, or might exist in the near future, for the nanoFlash? Sounds like a very useful tool.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Go Pro Hero

Hey Adam,

The Go Pro Hero is a pretty neat device, my first question would be what would the overall image quality be? If you base this off the YouTube Video it Transmits at 90MB a Minute, where to record 280Mb you need a bandwidth of 35-40MB a Second, which would put there overall quality if my math is correct at about 1.85Mb(s), at least at 1080p (For maximum Quality) also here is there tech specs

GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports

You also must consider that there are other functions needed such as the wireless factor via the SD Card which is plugged into a computer, much like any wireless USB or Express Card, therefore limiting your potential bandwidth to the Maximum of 300Mb(s)(Wireless N) but with any wireless Transmission, you will have dropped packets, So everything would be dependent on the slowest point of the chain, which in this case may be the SD Card,

I think this could be a very useful device in many application's, But there is a lot of work when it comes to dealing with wireless devices, and dual band transmission as well as driver support of a USB or some type of median to broadcast the Wireless, etc, But none the less it would be a great concept.

Best Regards

Andy Mangrum
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi, Andy, my impression was that it would upload any video of any size wirelessly to a laptop. So, with the nF quality it would take a lot longer than with the Go Pro Hero and would not happen in real time. It is not something we would use every day, probably, but it would be an interesting tool to have at some times. I was just wondering if anything like that might exist. Of course, the nF uses a different type of media, so that particular card cannot work with it. But perhaps, someone will start manufacturing something similar as a flash card.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey