Using the Nano off camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old January 4th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Using the Nano off camera

Increasingly I find myself using our Nanoflash as a record deck in multi-cam live switched events. As I am concentrating on B-roll and cutaways the fixed cameras cannot provide, the Nano is dutifully recording a line cut of the event. I love going into a situation where the engineers might not be familiar with this particular piece of gear and I ask them for an SDI feed. Or better yet, when they tell me all their tape decks are "busy" and I say "that's ok, I brought my own." I know I'm not telling Nanoflash users anything new here, but that little black box continues to amaze on a regular basis. Thanks CD team.

Best,

Dave Nystul
Dave Nystul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Trustee

And don't forget that you can use it for creating software tutorials: Just plug it into the HDMI port of your video card on one end and to the HDMI input of your computer monitor on the other and it will record everything you do on the computer at 1080p (or 720p if you prefer), including the true mouse pointer (unlike software solution which have to fake the mouse pointer).

See http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...tutorials.html for our past discussion of this topic.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey