DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Echo or Reverb Problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/493145-echo-reverb-problem.html)

Steve Kalle March 15th, 2011 05:28 PM

Audio Goes Out of Sync

1 Attachment(s)
I shot a 20min video today using 220Mb I-frame with 32GB SanDisk Extreme cards and an EX3. I just began editing it and the 2 tracks of audio go out of sync periodically. (I use Premiere Pro CS5 5.0.3)

Here is the first clip recorded and half way through, you hear the echo. Just checked all the footage and only this first clip has a problem. The original SxS recording is fine. Why is this happening?

The image is a view of the waveform right where it begins to go out of sync.

Lance Librandi March 15th, 2011 07:00 PM

Re: Echo or Reverb Problem

Hey Steve try playing the clip back out of the Nanoflash direct to a monitor to see if the audio issue is still there.
This way you will know if it's a Nanoflash issue or a Premiere Pro CS5.
Cheers

Andy Mangrum March 16th, 2011 10:08 AM

Hello Steve,

Do you know what Firmware Version was on the nanoFlash? This is found under System>About

I would Try playing out of the nanoFlash, or with Sony XDCAM Viewer, to see if the Audio Echo is indeed in the File Itself.

Also Feel free to Email or Call us Directly, 720-221-3861, -Or- cdsupport "at" convergent-design.com

Also was this recorded with Analog Audio or Embedded from the Camera?

Thanks

Steve Kalle March 16th, 2011 03:39 PM

Just played from the nanoFlash and did not hear any echo so it must be an Adobe issue. The audio is embedded from an EX3.

Lance Librandi March 17th, 2011 07:11 AM

Hey Steve it may not be a problem with Adobe. I have seen the same thing on other NLE's and it turned out to be an audio mixer issue between input and output.
Cheers.

Steve Kalle March 21st, 2011 01:48 PM

Well, I found the audio out of sync yet again on a shoot from 2 weeks ago. This time, I used 50Mb L-GOP. Everything else was the same. This is very frustrating and makes me not want to use my nanoFlash.

Dan Keaton March 21st, 2011 04:25 PM

Dear Steve,

Please send me a private message.

I will ask Andy to contact you and provide a way to upload one of your files to our server.

Then we can check for the audio problem in the file itself.

But, if the file plays find in the nanoFlash, the problem may not be in our file.

But, we can upload your problem file to our copy of Adobe.

Steve Kalle March 21st, 2011 04:48 PM

Thanks Dan.

So far, it plays fine through my Panasonic BT-LH1710W HD-SDI monitor but I don't know if this monitor plays both audio channels. I can test playback using my Sony HDTV via HDMI but I have to copy the file back to the CF card. So, is there any special process for copying - do I just copy the file into the main folder?

PS I did a quick shoot today at 50Mb L-GOP and it works fine in Premiere Pro.

I just went back to the clip from earlier today and now it is in sync. Only thing I can think of is Premiere had to re-conform these files, and maybe this is where the Adobe software is going awry.

Dan Keaton March 22nd, 2011 12:30 AM

Dear Steve,

Copying a file back to a CompactFlash card should be performed with our File Converter, if on a Mac.

I assume that you are on a PC.

On a Mac, this prevents fragmented files.