Deleting files from nanoFlash at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old July 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Deleting files from nanoFlash

I have used the nanoFlash for the second time today, and I am happy with the quality of my shots (good rich color and contrast), and so far everything is going well. As it is running on HDMI, I have to trigger it separately, with the camera on a Lanc controller. Some clips I would like to delete before transfer to HD, if possible (badly focussed, wind gusts etc.) while watching them on TV. According to the manual only the last clip taken may be deleted.

If there is a way around it, and file numbers within may be deleted, I would appreciate a few words of advice by other users.

Thank you

G.K.
Gerd Kogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #2
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Re: Deleting files from nanoFlash

Hello Gerd,

We only Support Delete Last Clip, when wanting to delete files while the card is in the nanoFlash, (Which is unfortunately broken in the latest release)

But you can remove the card and delete unwanted file from a PC and continue to record,

Another option for when in the field, may be to delete unwanted file with a Nexto, then continue to record, I have not tried this second option, I will try to do a test today but that should work.

Hope that Helps

Best Regards
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Major Player

If your only issue is not wanting to hand over 'bad' footage, then just make a note of the file numbers you want to exclude and don't transfer them.
Or transfer everything and then do your 'review' from the hard drive - and eliminate the bad files then.
I always consider it risky to delete from a card, since if you make a mistake and then record over, you're pretty much hosed... I recommend archiving everything and then just handing over the takes you like. Then if you need to go back and view everything you still can.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Andy and Dave,

I have the nanoFLASH release version 1.6.248, I think it is the latest.
To take notes in the bush, and sometimes in awkward situation (filming wildlife) does not seem appealing, so I will follow Dave's idea and delete later.
I have cards to be able to record 3 hours (in 100Mbps), I thought I could stretch it a bit by getting rid of bad ones when shooting abroad for a few days (haven't got a Nexto yet). One thing after the other!

Again, many thanks for both your input.

Gerd
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #5

Hello Gerd,

A nexto would be a good investment especially when shooting abroad, You can always start by backing up all of your records to it, then if necessary, Format the cards as you need them, which will give you two copies of your Footage, which (If you do not have to format any cards), but many customers use nexto, and they are very reliable from what I have heard from customers.

Best Regards
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Guess what Andy?

I ordered a Nexto ND2700/750GB last night, and look forward to using it, especially while my newly ordered
Mac to be used with FCP7 (upgrade from 5) is not to arrive for another 2 weeks due to Hardware problems.

Thanks again for the advice.

Gerd
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #7

Hello Gerd,

I'm Glad we could be of Assistance,

I think you will very much like the workflow of our files and Final Cut Pro 7,

Quite simply its as easy as drag and drop.

Best Regards

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey