need info on the nano flash for use with XL-H1 Adobe PPRO CS5.5 on Windows at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Trustee

need info on the nano flash for use with XL-H1 Adobe PPRO CS5.5 on Windows

Guys. I apologize for the rush, but I have just been put in a situation where I need to purchase a solid state recording device tomorrow for my XLh1 to grab lesser compressed footage from it this weekend. I am vaguely familiar with this but never looked into it in great detail. Now I have 24 hours to decide what to buy.

I need to know what exactly do I need to get the nano to record on my start-stop of the HDV tape. I know TC out can trigger this but the nano only appears to have SDI in and out....i do not see a timecode in and out jack.I am confused as to what I need to buy.

Also, where do we stand with compatiblity with Premiere Pro CS5 or CS5.5? Early documents claim only compatible to 35mbs....which if still true is not very useful.

I am also investigating the AJA Ki Pro mini as an option but have heard such great things about the nano that I leaning towards it.The only thing that intrigues me about the AJA is the 4:4:4 for keying.

Also, what exactly is included with a nano purchase as the BH page does not list the exact contents so I cannot be sure.

I may post with more questions. Sorry for the hectic post, I just need to get educated on this matter very, very fast. To boot I am editing 2 projects due tomorrow so I am wasting time posting this!

THanks,
Marty

Last edited by Marty Hudzik; September 27th, 2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: speeling errors in the main title! Argh! :)
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: need info on the nano flash for use with XL-H1 Adobe PPRO CS5.5 on Windows

Dear Marty,

I have sent you a private message with my phone number.

I will be happy to assist.

The nanoFlash, with a Timecode cable, an optional accessory, can be triggered when the timecode on the XL H1 starts incrementing.

And the nanoFlash is designed to accept the audio out of the XL H1 (original) and/or the embedded audio from the XL H1s.

The latest versions of CS5.5 work well with the nanoFlash files.

Earlier versions required a MainConcept plug-in.

Please call me and I will answer all of your questions personally, as well as on-line. I know that you are in a rush.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey