avid medialog program. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 11th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Major Player

avid medialog program.

Hello

Can the above program be used to view footage from my Nano.. 35 or 50 Mbps longGOP MXF 1080/25p or 1080/50i ..on a laptop..?

Another question.. with the nanoflash set to 35Mbps LongGOP 1080/25p or 50i.. is it still better quality .. than SD XDCAM .. both being shot on a 2/3 inch chip camera.. I guess it is.. ?

Another question! using shotput pro .. from a card reader to my Mac BP.. can I down load footage to a mac formatted ext HDD and a windows formatted ext HDD at the same time? or can I not download to a windows drive from my Mac at all?

Will a windows machine read footage from a Mac formatted drive.. or best avoided altogether..

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: avid medialog program.

The program MacDrive will enable Windows to read and write to a Mac-formatted drive. The rest, someone else will have to answer.
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: avid medialog program.

Thanks for your reply

The problem is more the other way round.. producer is bring a PC with the avid software on it.. they/I want to
know if they can view only the nanoflash files MXF..

But yes thanks that would be one solution..

I have a mac and no problems there..

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey