NDF 60i (and 60p) yields no audio in Vegas 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Inner Circle

NTSC NDF 60i (and 60p) yields no audio in Vegas 10

I was capturing gameplay footage using my nanoFlash, and unfortunately my GPU forces output in 1080i60 in NDF. Importing a NDF recording into Sony Vegas, there is absolutely no audio present, when clearly the playback mode and VLC support the audio. (which is weird, since VLC with drop frame files fails to resolve audio)

I'm running Vegas 10c. Drop frame files work, but NDF result in no audio.

Also am using analog audio to record with. Embedded is not an option since my GPU will fail and black screen when it's internal sound card is used.

Edit: Same deal with 720p60 NDF.

Edit #2: Found a way to get my GPU to output Drop Frame. Will update to say if the problem lies with drop frame or with analog audio.

Edit #3: The issue is with NDF files that have no audio, and it doesn't matter which timecode format you set. Drop frame output from my GPU works perfectly. The other odd thing, and it's worth pointing out twice, is that VLC flawlessly plays back NDF audio yet chokes on drop frame audio.

Edit #4: If you load even one NTSC NDF file in Vegas, all Nanoflash MXFs will have no audio for that session. Avoid NTSC NDF at all costs for Sony Vegas. PAL works fine though.

Last edited by Jack Zhang; May 14th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey