HD-SDI output not sending proper signal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old June 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Major Player

HD-SDI output not sending proper signal

I've been shooting with the Canon C300 along with my Nanoflash. I'm recording 24P and have my Nanoflash doing the 3:2 pulldown removal from the 1080i signal coming out of the C300's HD-SDI port.

The issue I'm having is I am running out of the HD-SDI out port from the Nano to a Panasonic BT-LH1700W monitor and the monitor is showing the signal as unsupported. I've tried E-to-E and I am getting the same error. If I just hook up the camera's HD-SDI output straight to the monitor, it shows fine on the monitor as a 1080i59.94 signal.

I'm I missing something here? I'd like to see this output from the Nano on my monitor during production.
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: HD-SDI output not sending proper signal

Dear Michael,

I have read your post many times, and I am trying to fiqure out what is wrong.

Hooking up the C300 HD-SDI directly to the monitor works, which is good.

When hooked up to the nanoFlash, with Video|E to E Direct checked, the HD-SDI input is routed to the HD-SDI and HDMI outputs directly. No processing is done on the video & audio stream.

Thus, if you try it again with E to E Direct checked, and it fails, then I feel that we need to repair your nanoFlash.

With E to E on, the input goes to the outputs, with around a one microsecond delay, which is about as fast as one can get.

Please feel free to call me. I will send you a Private Message with my phone numbers.
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Tourist

I was searching for a solution for my NanoFlash output as well and stumbled upon this post. I have an AF100 and NanoFlash with an Ikan VX7e monitor. Direct to monitor from my AF100 there is no issue. Through the Nano causes signal problems that resets my monitor. On a side note, my monitor has a signal boost for 100' or more cable, and when it is on I don't have a problem at all. I'm doing further and longer testing, but something is definitely causing the signal to change or weaken or something. I'm going to bring the NanoFlash in for testing since I am local to Colorado Springs.

One caveat: I also have another monitor, just a VX7, which doesn't have the peaking and false color features, and I don't have the issues with the VX7e. The only thing that rules out the monitor being bad would be that, when connected directly to my AF100 there is never an issue, it's only when the signal has the Nano between it. That, and I can also input HDMI and can watch a blu-ray and also have no issues. I ordered a mini HDMI to HDMI cable so I could test if I have the same issues with a non-SDI source from the NanoFlash to my monitor. I'll share my results once it arrives and I've tested it.
Derek Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Derek,

Our team will be happy to work with you and test your nanoFlash.
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Derek,

I sent you a private message.

You should receive this message in your email, as it was directed to the email that you provided when you joined DVInfo.net.

Last edited by Dan Keaton; June 20th, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
Dan Keaton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey