Gemini 444 3D-Upgrade and F3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Tourist

Gemini 444 3D-Upgrade and F3

hello,
i am planning my first stereoscopic 3D production and want to use my F3 with a second one in a 3D rig and have a question concerning the 3D software update for my Gemini 444, just to make shure
- is it true i wont need Sony's 3D Upgrade to record stereoscopic footage?
- i only need to sync (TC, Genlock) both cameras the standard way
- Sonys 3D Kit might improve (shutter sync, etc)?

thanks in advance.

oh and by the way: waiting for the DnXHD update... xdcam ex is often not sufficient, dpx is often "too much" for medium budget, medium postproduction requirements (and converting everything is a bit too slow a workflow i think).
Valentin Sysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Re: Gemini 444 3D-Upgrade and F3

Hello Valentin,

To record 3D with your Gemini 4:4:4, be sure you have purchased your 3D upgrade from your dealer.

Also be sure your unit is up to date with the latest firmware 1.3.105 (this was released last week)

As for recording 3D using two Sony F3's, you will be able to record up to 30p with you Gemini,

simply be sure your unit is in 3D mode, (via the Mode menu on the Gemini's LCD), and that both camera's are Genlocked.

In regards to Sony's 3D kit, I am unaware of how this various from a standard Genlock, so this would be a question for Sony.

Lastly our DNxHD update is scheduled for release first quarter 2013.

Also feel free to contact us directly with any question's regarding workflow.
Support | Convergent Design

Best Regards
Old December 4th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: Gemini 444 3D-Upgrade and F3

Hi Valentin,

I am Mike Wattley, Distribution Manager at Symbiosis - we are Convergent Design's exclusive Distributor in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Please contact me for any help that you may need in upgrading your unit.

I am available at mike@symbiosis.eu

Kind regards
Mike
Mike Wattley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey