Error with clip on O7Q at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 27th, 2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Error with clip on O7Q

Hi,

Just finished a four day shoot with the FS700 and O7Q. I was shooting 4K2HD all the time and all in all am really happy with the O7Q. Im using a BNC cable that is 40cm long and is 3G.

Last clip we shot though is not playing back on the O7Q. It didn't give out any warnings during recording (at least I didnt notice, I was monitoring through an EVF so was not looking at the O7Q). When I try to play back the clip it only shows a black screen. First time I tried to play it the time code was not running although it says it's playing. Next time I tried the timecode ran but a black screen. Playlist says the clip is 1min 19s long so it has recorded something.

I tried to record a new clip after this and after I hit stop it said recovering clip and said insufficient power. Power says 14.2V and 9.6W. 36 degrees celcius.

I tried to record yet another clip and it said Error drive failed: check clip! This clip won't play back either. Theres 92GB free space on the 1st SSD and 2nd is empty.

So all in all Im really fortunate that this happened during the last shot of the 4 day shoot.

When it says Error: drive failed: check clip! What is the procedure one should take? Playing back the clip doesnt get rid of the error warning.

I noticed a few other things as well. Maybe 10-20 times during the 4 day shoot the screen would pop up the "eject SSD's?" menu on it's own, that normally comes when you press the eject button, then I had to cancel it. Some other menus popped up randomly as well without anyone/anyone touching O7Q.

Please advice how I should proceed and what steps to take?

Thanks

Sami
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Error with clip on O7Q

Dear Sami,

Please send me a private message with your email address.

I will have our support team contact you as soon as possible.

You should not be getting an "Insufficient Power" message, unless your power supply is inadequate.

Please let us know how you are powering the Odyssey7Q.

Respectfully,
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #3
Major Player

PM sent! ......
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Major Player

Is it ok to eject the SSD and check the clips on my computer?
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Sami,

Yes.

I have sent you a reply, and I have alerted our support team and our engineers.

I recommend that you use our AC Power Supply, since at this time we have some open questions about the power supply you are using.

Please use our AC Power Supply when you perform the safe eject.

Respectfully,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey