FS700R + 7Q - ProRes 422HD files missing!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old June 5th, 2014, 03:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FS700R + 7Q - ProRes 422HD files missing!!

Yesterday I was out shooting for 8hours at an outdoor skiing event, slow motion 2K RAW, and 1080 25p HD -> ProResHQ.

When I am back home I discover that I cannot find any of the ProRes/MOV on the SSD's, all RAW/dng files are good.

What has happened? Where are my MOV files? Now I need the recorder again for a new upcoming event, but I am afraid to format the SSD.

What could be wrong and how can I recover my ProRes footage?

FS700R FW 3.0.1 + CD 7Q FW 1.11.100 (2x 512SSD)

EDIT: I figured out there was a setting on the camera which had been disabled: Under Video Out, SDI/HDMI REC CONTROL was set to OFF, after putting it back to ON, the recorder is recording ProRes. So I missed these ProRes files, but luckily there were AVCHD files on the memory card, although not same quality but will have to do.

Ole
Ole Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: FS700R + 7Q - ProRes 422HD files missing!!

Were you monitoring from the FS700 and didn't notice it was recording? This could indeed happen if you use it as a recorder only. I have this situation when I use an EVF and I don't think you can output the overlays to the EVF from the O7Q. I always check the O7Q to make sure it's recording.
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 06:34 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: FS700R + 7Q - ProRes 422HD files missing!!

did you try to recover in the files? In MENUE ->SSDs -> recover SSD1 / SSD2
Clermond Ferrand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey