Media Download Workflow? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Media Download Workflow?

Naturally JUST when I finally get a 2TB external drive, an SSD cable dongle and a Thunderbolt cable to offload my O7Q SSD files, the CD website is being updated so no workflow is viewable.

I do have an old "Download Media" PDF from CD, but the terminology is conflicting. On my computer desktop, I have three icons; the CDClipmerger, the CDDataUnpacker and the CDProResTransfer icons. I will presume all are separate stand alone programs.

Note that I have multiple different frame rate sequences on my 7Q SSDs running the 2nd firmware update, not the latest one announced Monday. I want to safely offload it all before I update to the latest firmware which requires a blank formatted SSD.

The original media downloading pdf references using the CD Clip Merger software by using that software to offload the files off of the SSD's, THEN running CD clip merger.

Now I thought the CDDataUnpacker v3.0 was supposed to then used first to get files off the SSD's onto a hard drive, then after that, the separated high frame rate clips are merged. I might add none of my files are 1080p/59.94 or /60 fps.

What first timers really need is a video tutorial on the new 7Q website.

Anyone care to share their step by step Mac workflow with dual SSD's that contain 1080P, 4K RAW, and 2K RAW 240 fps sequences spread over two rather full 512 SSD's?

As an update, it appears that all the file folders on the SSD's are just drag and drop onto a suitable hard drive.

Last edited by Dave Allen; July 23rd, 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Dave Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:00 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Media Download Workflow?

Dear Dave,

To help you immediately, please call me at: seven one nine -- nine three zero -- one three seven six.

I will prepare a document describing these programs and when you use them.

Then I will post this comprehensive document here.

Respectfully,
Old July 27th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Media Download Workflow?

Thanks for all the fast help Dan! You always rock!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey