7Q 2015.8 firmware 'issues' at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old August 17th, 2015, 11:13 AM   #1
Tourist

7Q 2015.8 firmware 'issues'

Hey,
I'm using a 7q with my FS700, and recently upgraded firmware to 2015.8, I now get a couple of issues when using the system...

Running 4kRAW from the fs700 to the odyssey, which is in 4kraw->4kproresLT mode
when using the zoom feature when you pan down the image, there is a glitch and a random part of the top of the image appears on the bottom!! not sure how to explain any better but it looks odd, i can still eventually pan down to the bottom of the image but it 'scrolls upwards' showing a repeat of the top of the incoming signal below! :) - haven't got capability to do screen grab at the minute!

again on the zoom function there used to be a 2x zoom then a 4x zoom, then reset.
I don't see the need for functionality of being able to do mega zooms. as when i'm capturing 4k, it was nice to have the 2x zoom to approximate a 1080 lossless crop on a 4k input. this has now been lost as the first available zoom option is pixel for pixel display, so a 720 lossless crop.

The menu system along the bottom appears to jump about a little, like the buttons are moving when toggling things on and off, zebras, waveform and vectorscope- sorry can't be more specific but was happening during a shoot so i noticed the movement but not exactly what was happening.

Anyone else have these things? (or am I just loosing the plot :) )
Ron Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 03:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 7Q 2015.8 firmware 'issues'

You may need to re install the firmware.
I have not had your corrupt image problem.

I've had no issues except "No Screen" and it still happened when I downgraded to 2015.7.
So, I reinstalled 2015.8 in my 7Q+. That issue seems more related to static electricity than firmware and is easily fixed by pressing F1 twice.
Pressing F1 twice (screen reset) might help your issue?

Somehow my zoom is 2x and back now and I like it like that as it eliminates the 1 to 1 step that I do not use. I do not wish to hold it down long enough to get the "Picture in a Picture" or change it otherwise.
Roger Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey