DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   SSD not showing files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/531397-ssd-not-showing-files.html)

Ron Aerts March 15th, 2016 04:57 AM

SSD not showing files

1 Attachment(s)
I had an used SSD (original CD) with 1080p files with 400Gb of space left and used it to additionally record a 1-hour 1280/720p50 file. I did a quick test before the actual recording and it seemed ok. after the show I recorded, I replayed parts of the master file and so far everything was in order.
I soft (and then hard-)ejected the SSD on the 7Q+ and connected it by the on-board sata-cradle on my computer and it says there are no files... I restarted the PC and used a Inatek USB3 reader and it still shows no files. I checked it on a separate MACbook with the USB3 adapter, still no files
As soon as I stick the SSD in a 7Q+ it shows all files in play mode, but it looks odd while playing a shifted quad-ish look with interlace-like lines (see attachment)
The original source was a professional switcher with native, stable 720p50 output, as all the other connected devices confirmed, so nothing to look for there.
How do I get my files?

Dan Keaton March 15th, 2016 02:19 PM

Re: SSD not showing files

Dear Ron,

Have you performed a "Safe Eject"? (With the SSD in the Odyssey, press the ^ button at the top of the OLED Panel.)

If not, the files will not be visible in your computer.

If you have a recent firmware version, pressing the Shutdown Button, (F2 on the left side) while the unit is powered on, will perform a "Safe Eject" automatically. But, you have to leave it powered on for the process to finish.

You can reinsert the SSD into your Odyssey and perform a Safe Eject.

------------------

Or you can insert the SSD, (for example in SSD Slot 1), then

Press the Gear Button in the upper left hand corner,

Press Odyssey

Press SSD's

Press Rebuild SSD 1

Press Ok

-------------------

If the above procedures do not work, we have other methods available.

-------------------

Or you may call me at any time, 24/7:

Seven One Nine ---- Nine Three Zero ---- One Three Seven Six

Or call me on Skype: dan (dot) keaton1

During regular business hours in Colorado Springs, USA, you may call our support team:

Seven Two Zero --- Two Two One --- Three Eight Six One

------------------------------

It does sound like that you recorded some footage on the SSD, then uploaded that footage into a computer, then later reinserted it into your Odyssey, and then recorded more footage.

The best practice is to reformat the SSD's prior to any shoot.

I say this since computers attempt to write information to the SSD, for example, they want to index all of the files on the SSD by writing an index to the SSD.

Please call me so I can assist you personally,

Respectfully,

Ron Aerts March 16th, 2016 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dan,
I already tried the rebuild, but I tried it again today and shutted the 7Q off with the F2 button, despite the commandline 'remove the SSD'.
Now I'm seeing all the files and all the stuff I need is there. hopefully a glitch the first time I tried the rebuild.
'
as the cuurent production (with 2 7Q+ units) is still running (started dec 2015) I have both 7Q+ units on FWversion 2015.12
I have the rule never to change firmware during a production. Is there an urgent reason I should move to 2016.01.1336? Most HG1080p25 and some 720p50 stuff

I still have issues with replaying files on the 7Q+! I see Unsync in horizontal and/or vertical framelines. (attached) Doesn't look very professional to the rest of the crew and director... Actually a bit embarassing Is this cured in 2016FW?
thanks, Ron

Dan Keaton March 16th, 2016 07:13 PM

Dear Ron,

In general, we do not recommend updating firmware in the middle of a production.

We have been making improvements in many areas, including playback.

If you have a day off, you could load the latest firmware, then test. You could always go back to the December firmware release.

Respectfully,