M2T Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Formerly known as nNovia QuickCapture QC A2D2 other nNovia products.

Old August 21st, 2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Major Player

M2T Files

Any word on how to use M2T files with FCP? I thought I heard that FCP was in the process of working this out. I was told months ago by nNovia that they would have a simple utility to use that would convert so that FCP could use. Since I dont shoot in SD anymore, these drives have had no use. Had I known that the utility would never materialize I would have sold or returned these drives. nNovia has a solid and sturdy product but I just can't use in my current workflow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moon View Post
Any word on how to use M2T files with FCP? I thought I heard that FCP was in the process of working this out. I was told months ago by nNovia that they would have a simple utility to use that would convert so that FCP could use. Since I dont shoot in SD anymore, these drives have had no use. Had I known that the utility would never materialize I would have sold or returned these drives. nNovia has a solid and sturdy product but I just can't use in my current workflow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Forget waiting for FCP to work with m2t files.

Here's your answer.

ClipWrap

Works like a charm and it's only $49.95.

It will take any footage and rewrap it in a native QT format that FCP can work with.
Even better, it will take your 2GB file limit m2t files from your Firestore, Nnovia, or such drive and seamlessly stitch them together in one complete file with timecode.

Sweet.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks a ton! this is exactly what we were looking for.
Old August 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Major Player

This program is not working for us. Not sure why, unless it does not work with our cameras...Canon XH A1's...we have FC Studio. I will e-mail the company to see what the issue might be.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 07:16 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
This program is not working for us. Not sure why, unless it does not work with our cameras...Canon XH A1's...we have FC Studio. I will e-mail the company to see what the issue might be.
That's surprising, as the camera and codec shouldn't make a ton of difference.
I read that testing was done on many multiple codecs from many different cameras, all with success.

And there is nothing special about the Canon A1 codec.
Did you simply try to convert 22t files from your Nnovia drive that were shot with a Canon A1?
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM   #6
Major Player

we set the nNovia to m2t and unloaded the files on the mac. We downloaded the trial software and tried to drop the files into the program and it would not accept the files.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
we set the nNovia to m2t and unloaded the files on the mac. We downloaded the trial software and tried to drop the files into the program and it would not accept the files.
This may sound stupid, but I read somewhere where Garry Nattress was having the same problem with m2t files off of his Nnovia drive as well.

Turns out that his file extension was all CAPS (.M2T).
When he changed these to be lower case .m2t, the files were accepted with no problem.

I believe that there was a quick update yesterday that addressed the issue of the caps problem.

But if your files are .M2T, then try changing them to m2t, and see if this works.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
This may sound stupid, but I read somewhere where Garry Nattress was having the same problem with m2t files off of his Nnovia drive as well.

Turns out that his file extension was all CAPS (.M2T).
When he changed these to be lower case .m2t, the files were accepted with no problem.

I believe that there was a quick update yesterday that addressed the issue of the caps problem.

But if your files are .M2T, then try changing them to m2t, and see if this works.
That was it. Just got the update and it works. Thanks for the great help on this.

-John
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #9
Major Player

this solution worked for windows thus far and there are mac compatible programs too, might want to give it a try. plus both programs are free. link to a post i just made.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/datavide...dn-60-a-2.html
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders