DN-60 Recording Capability ?'s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders

Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Formerly known as nNovia QuickCapture QC A2D2 other nNovia products.

Old January 27th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Major Player

DN-60 Recording Capability ?'s

I have an HVX-200 and need something other than P2 cards to record long-form events. For SD I've been using tape and an old nNovia QC- Deck recorder.

I'd like something that I can use to record the full gamut of HVX-200 formats: DV, DVCPro, DVCPro50, and DVCPRO 100.
The DN-60 seems like it might meet my needs, but I've researched a number of sites and there's no consensus on what it can record. The mfg site says DV25/DVCPro in the product FAQs, but only DV, DVCPro, and DVCPro 50 are mentioned in the online brochure. I've also seen mention of a "future release" that will allow recording of DVCPro 100.

Is anyone using the DN-60 with Panny cams to record at higher than DV quality?
Can anyone confirm use of the DN-60 with Panny cams for better than DV & DVCPro?

All feedback & experience welcome.
Thanks.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders