Real time chroma key hardware? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old March 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #1
New Boot

Real time chroma key hardware?

Can you please recommend affordable real time chroma keying hardware? I need to pull real time blue screen for the news and weather forecast backdrops. Right now I need SD keying but real soon I will also need HD. I was looking into Ultimatte products but they seem a little pricey. Thanks.
Zvonimir Miksic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Not sure what equipment you have already or what your full budget is, but Conduit Live for the Mac can provide a real-time keying option at a relatively low cost:
http://www.lacquer.fi/conduit/live.php

It's available as part of the Coduit suite from dvGarage as a $199 software solution: http://www.dvgarage.com/prod/prod.php?prod=conduit2

If you don't have the hardware to run it, then obviously that would have to factor into your "system cost", but it might be worth a look.

As a disclaimer .. I realize that my last two posts have directed people to this software, but it's only because I've seen and used this software and do believe that it is a useful option to look into. I'm not employed by dvGarage or Lacquer and receive no form of "kick back" for posting. I'm just one dvInfo member trying to help others. :)

Have fun.
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Inner Circle

if you can find for cheap a VIDEONICS MX-1 video mixer, there is a nice chroma key feature.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects