Upgraded to XP64 - After Effects Tips or Tricks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Upgraded to XP64 - After Effects Tips or Tricks?

We recently updated one of our workstations to XP64. It is a quad core Xeon with 6 gigs (soon to be 10 gig) of ram and Quadro FX 3500.

The system is working very well and there is a noticable performance increase in the CS3 suite (Premiere, After FX, PhotoShop and Illustrator).

Are there are settings or hacks that will allow us to get the most out of the system?

Any tips would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Edgar
Edgar Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice one. we run vista x64 with 8gb ram/ quad. I Found its very fast with photoshop and After effects ram previews... as for hacks. all cs3 runs max at 4gb but I reckon very soon say (cs4) it will allow you to run max ram..

I really got no anwser to your question~! Im just blabbing. Oh and rendering Mpeg2, building an encore dvd, messing around in AE and surfing the net at the same time is the only reason I got 64bit. Its great.
Blake Raidal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects