After Effects 6.0 I want it now at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old July 21st, 2003, 09:37 PM   #1
Wrangler

After Effects 6.0 I want it now

Just returned from a one-day AE class held by Chris and Trish Meyers. They used a late Beta Copy of AE 6 for the class.

Very nice, that version. The title capability and the motion tracking with cloning is more than enough to make me want it.

August cannot get here soon enough.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 07:26 AM   #2
Trustee

Yeah, but there is no upgrade path. If you are currently using AE PB then you'll have to lay out another $1500. That's pretty nasty. No wonder people pirate software.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 07:31 AM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Adrian Douglas : Yeah, but there is no upgrade path. If you are currently using AE PB then you'll have to lay out another $1500. -->>>

Que?

The upgrade from PB to Pro is $300:
http://www.adobe.com/store/products/...?id=AEupgrades
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2003, 09:34 PM   #4
Wrangler

Imaging a locked down shot of LAX. Commuter plane coming in to land. Jet taking off in background and fairly small.

They motion track the jet with a much easier setup than 5.5, then set up the Clone tool (new) to track with the motion tracker and then, instead of asking the Clone tool to copy from someplace else in the sky, it can be set to copy from some TIME before or after the tracker passes it's current point but from that point. So the sky, which had a varying amount of blue (or white depending on your viewpoint) was copied perfectly.

The result is that the sky that is in back of the plane is used to paint out the plane. Perfectly from what I could see.

So not only did the motion tracker work correctly (and with a great deal of precision and speed compared to 5.5), but one could actually do something besides stabilize an image.

I think I could remove a car passing in front of a building with this set of tools.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 01:02 AM   #5
Trustee

Roll me in honey and feed me to ants, either they added it since I read the page last or I just didn't read it properly. Thanks Nigel, you just saved me $1200
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2003, 02:14 AM   #6
Major Player

There's a cunningly well-hidden link from the main purchase page, which is fairly easy to overlook. Them marketing boyz'n'gurlz are tricksy and no mistake!
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2003, 07:59 AM   #7
RED Code Chef

Painting out such items is terribly difficult if you have a static
camera, just requires a bit of work

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Yea, I wonder if I'll be using that program when i go to LTI.. Who knows. They mentioned that they will be using adobe premiere and photoshop but who knows. Anyway, I'm out to film for the day, later board.
David Woodland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects