converting portable reflector to green screen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #1
New Boot

converting portable reflector to green screen

I happen to have a large oval collapsible, reversible reflector (white on one side, silver on the other), and I really have no use for the silver side.

Anyone know the best way way change the color to green for chroma keying?

Can I use latex paint? Green spray paint? Cloth paint from a fabric store?

Any and all suggestions would be helpful.
Stephen King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Stephen... I know of nothing that will adhere to the material and survive the repeated collapsing and re-folding you'll do over time.

If you know someone with a sewing machine, you could cut a circle of the key material in the color you want to use and sew a pocket along the perimeter into which you could put a length of shock cord. Then you could just slip it over your reflector when you need it.

If you don't sew, any tailor could do it for you. It would be dead simple and pretty cheap to do.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects