After Effects workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 16th, 2008, 05:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

After Effects workflow

Hi guys

I'm wondering how you go about syncing video and audio elements in After Effects.
I'm trying to work with a simple voice over and get the words to come and go in time with the words being spoken. My prefered method would be to use a camera move to transition through the words.

It sounds simple enough but I have to keep rendering sections to get it right and even then it's very tedious.

Is there a simple method I'm not aware of?

Richard
Richard Tatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Major Player

You can preview your video. There's a control window where you turn the audio on, and make the video lower quality if it takes too long. It is still tedious, and best to turn of any video that you are not concerned with while editing. You can also view your wave forms in the audio track.
I find having to render every change really annoying but these tricks speed up the process.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Major Player

I agree, setting the video preview quality to 1/4 and use the solo button for the layer your working on.(or make a low res proxy, or both).
I've shot 2 projects MOS and used Audition to lay the sound track in. I used 3 main sessions(audio tracks), music, Foley, and vox. I would suggest if you can get an audio editing program do it and use it instead of AE. I'm sure any audio nle program that will import video would work. you will get better results in a lot less time.
Cheers,
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects