Imported audio file unexpectedly plays slow yet is the proper duration at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old March 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Imported audio file unexpectedly plays slow yet is the proper duration

I exported AIFF audio from Final Cut Pro and brought it into a 24fps AE CS4 project. The audio files play perfectly independently in QuickTime but in AE, while the duration is correct, the audio is slowed down and cuts off before it's finished. Never had this happen in AE CS3 or any earlier versions. Is something missing from my method?
Old March 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Problem solved but the mystery isn't. I rebooted AE and the audio file played perfectly but had an edit at the end where it cut off earlier. I removed the edit and all is well now. The program also was importing updated Photoshop files strangely, the program was somehow remembering the previous version even after deleting the file from AE! A reboot fixed that as well. The program is updated as far as Adobe is concerned.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects