After Effects compositing / keying at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old March 17th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #1
New Boot

nother newbie question for the group

hey all heres a question im curious if someone can answer i am experimenting with a demo of afterdark 6 heres what i would like to do not sure if its possible

shoot video say of me running down a street then
shoot video say of a forest path and a first person view running down it

then key it and put the video of me running key out street and drop it into the video of the forest path so its 2 videos combines into 1 of a man running thru the forest....

can that be done AE6 didnt quite seem to do it or give much info and as im a beginner i cant afford blue/green screen

also where can i get if possible time lapse video again without paying of nite and day passing fast to show passage of time
i would love stock footage without having to pay as im a beginner bnot sure if its possible tho.....
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hello Nicholas,
I assume that you're referencing Adobe's After Effects, not "After Dark", eh?

AE can certainly facilitate chromakey composites, which is what I gather you want to do. Honestly, I read your post several times but still cannot quite decode exactly what you envision.

In brief, however, you would need to shoot one subject in front of a chromakey background in order to make the composite work. You may be able to create such a backdrop relatively inexpensively with chroma paint and some inexpensive background material.

As an example of how you might be able to accomplish something like what I think you want to do... Perhaps you could shoot footage of yourself running on a treadmill with the chroma background behind you. Then shoot footage of a walk through a forest. Use AE to drop-out the chroma backdrop and substitute the forest footage.

It will take quite a bit of practice but I think you'll find such a project fun and instructive.

Good luck.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: nother newbie question for the group

<<<-- Originally posted by Nicholas Vulpis : hey all heres a question im curious if someone can answer i am experimenting with a demo of afterdark 6 heres what i would like to do not sure if its possible-->>>

Nicholas, I find it very difficult to read your posts. Please add punctuation and use capitals. It really makes a difference. If you're going to take the time to type it all you will maximize your chances of getting an answer if people can figure out what your saying with a minimum of effort.

Just a suggestion.

Dennis Vogel
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects