Free Beginning Tutorials for Apple's Shake... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old July 30th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #1
Trustee

Free Beginning Tutorials for Apple's Shake...

With the goal of making it possible to use the wealth of After Effects FX Tutorials out there in Shake... and to get past the painful user interface experience... I'm working on a tutorial that presents the program in the simplest way I can muster.

Getting past the initial shock of the amazingly unfamiliar workflow is handled in 4-5 sentences in this tutorial! No messing about. I don't even have any need for any video or pictures for the first half of the tutorial. I'm working directly with Shake's built-in tools to teach not only the interface, but the concept of node based compositing in the least intimidating way I can think of...

Let me know what you think so far. Without further ado, in glorious early-90s Web-O-Rama-O-Vision: Free How To Use Shake Tutorial
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Major Player

I think your tute is great... very accessible.

If only Shake were still available. I've done all I can do with Motion and what to step up to the next level - was hoping to bypass AE and go for a node based comp program. Shake looked like an excellent, affordable option vis-a-vis Nuke, however Apple has just dropped it from the store.

Thanks for your work
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Trustee

No worries, I'm sure you can still pick up copies on ebay or somewhere like that for the time being. Or buy Nuke directly from the foundry.

I'll be moving forward with the next sections just as soon as I finish a couple of edits (which I had to step away from before going insane - hence the tutorial).
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Trustee

First chunk finished and the page has been broken into lessons to save on page load times (lots of images).

Still looking for feedback :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects