Current AE/C4D Video card options at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Current AE/C4D Video card options

To match new demands I am looking to upgrade my work machine a bit to be geared heavily towards AE/C4D workflow to include 3D models and effects into my video work. It will primarily involve taking 3D models delivered to me, and matchmoving them with 3D camera tracker and integrating them into shots with nicely rendered lighting and shadows.

Does anyone have comparison experience with current offerings like the Quadro K5000 workstation cards vs the GTX Titan? And is the price difference justified? I am not running 10 bit monitors so that ability from the K5000 will be lost. This is a purely workstation computer, no need for games so purely from an AE/C4D perspective.

Current Specs:

i7 2600k - Overclocked a bit
32GB RAM
128GB SSD Boot
256GB SSD Scratch
2x 2TB Platters in RAID0 for Read/Current Projects

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects